- Fehr, D., G. Fink and B.K. Jack (2022) “Poor and rational: Decision-making under scarcity” Journal of Political Economy, Forthcoming.
- Fink, G., B.K. Jack and F. Masiye (2020) “Seasonal liquidity, rural labor markets and agricultural production” American Economic Review, 110(11): 3351–3392. Appendix.
- Pilot study: 2014 NBER Working Paper 20218.
- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith (2020) “Charging ahead: Prepaid electricity metering in South Africa” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 12(2): 134-168.
- Oliva, P., B.K. Jack, S. Bell, C. Severen and E. Walker (2020) “Technology adoption under uncertainty: Take-up and subsequent investment in Zambia” Appendix Review of Economics and Statistics, 102(3): 617-632.
- Jack, B.K. and S. Jayachandran (2019) "Self-selection into payments for ecosystem services programs" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116(12): 5326-5333.
- Guiteras, R. and B.K. Jack (2018) “Productivity in piece rate labor markets” Journal of Development Economics, 131: 42-61.
- Jack, B.K. (2017) “Environmental economics in developing countries: Introduction to the Special Issue” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 86: 1-7.
- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith. (2015) “Pay as you go: Pre-paid metering and electricity expenditures in South Africa” American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 105(5): 237-41.
- Jack, B.K. and M. Recalde (2015) “Local leadership and the voluntary provision of public goods: Field evidence from Bolivia” Journal of Public Economics, 122: 80-93.
- Greenstone, M. and B.K. Jack (2015) “Envirodevonomics: A research agenda for an emerging field” Journal of Economic Literature, 53(1): 5-42.
- Ashraf, N., O. Bandiera and B.K. Jack (2014) “No margin, no mission? A field experiment on incentives for public service delivery“ Journal of Public Economics, 120: 1-17.
- Jack, B.K. (2013) “Private information and the allocation of land use subsidies in Malawi” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 5(3): 113-135.
- Ashraf, N., B.K. Jack and E. Kamenica (2013) “Information and subsidies: Complements or substitutes?” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 88: 133-139.
- Ajayi, O.C., B.K. Jack and B. Leimona (2012) “Auction design for the private provision of public goods in developing countries: Lessons from payments for environmental services in Malawi and Indonesia” World Development 40(6): 1213-1223.
- Jack, B.K., B. Leimona and P.J. Ferraro (2009) “A revealed preference approach to estimating supply curves for ecosystem services: Experimental field auctions and soil erosion control in Indonesia” Conservation Biology 23(2): 359-367.
- Jack, B.K., C. Kousky and K.R.E. Sims (2008). “Designing payments for ecosystem services: Lessons from previous experience with incentive-based mechanisms” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105: 9465-9470.
- Cole, H., B.K. Jack, D. Strong and B. Maughan-Brown (2020). “City of Cape Town, South Africa: Aligning Internal Data Capabilities with External Research Partnerships” in Handbook on Using Administrative Data for Research and Evidence-based Policy, S. Cole, I. Dhaliwal, A. Sautmann and L. Vilhuber, Eds.
- Greenstone, M. and B.K. Jack (2019). "Environmental Economics in Developing Countries" in Economics of the Environment: Selected Readings (Seventh Edition), Robert Stavins, Ed., Edward Elgar.
- Aker, J. and B.K. Jack (2021) “Harvesting the rain: The adoption of environmental technologies in the Sahel” NBER Working Paper 29518. Appendix.
- Jack, B.K., S. Jayachandran and S. Rao (2017) “Environmental externalities and intrahousehold inefficiency” NBER Working Paper 24192.
- Jack, B.K. (2011) “Market inefficiencies and the adoption of agricultural technologies in developing countries” White paper prepared for the Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative, JPAL (MIT) / CEGA (Berkeley).
Work in progress
- “Paying for power: Prepaid electricity and the spending patterns of the poor” (with Kathryn McDermott, Jeff Romine and Anja Sautmann)
- "Multiple price lists for willingness to pay elicitation" (with Kathryn McDermott and Anja Sautmann)
- “Addressing seasonal poverty: Scaling up with the private sector partner” (with Günther Fink and Felix Masiye)
- “Combating household air pollution in Ghana” (with Darby Jack and KP Asante)
- “Budget neglect in consumption smoothing” (with Ned Augenblick, Supreet Kaur, Felix Masiye, and Nicholas Swanson)