- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith (2019) “Charging ahead: Prepaid electricity metering in South Africa” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, accepted.
- Oliva, P., B.K. Jack, S. Bell, C. Severen and E. Walker (2019) “Technology adoption under uncertainty: Take-up and subsequent investment in Zambia” Appendix Review of Economics and Statistics, accepted.
- Jack, B.K. and S. Jayachandran (2018) "Self-selection into payments for ecosystem services programs" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, forthcoming.
- Guiteras, R. and B.K. Jack (2018) “Productivity in piece rate labor markets” Journal of Development Economics, 131: 42-61.
- Jack, B.K. (2017) “Environmental economics in developing countries: Introduction to the Special Issue” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 86: 1-7.
- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith. (2015) “Pay as you go: Pre-paid metering and electricity expenditures in South Africa” American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 105(5): 237-41.
- Jack, B.K. and M. Recalde (2015) “Local leadership and the voluntary provision of public goods: Field evidence from Bolivia” Journal of Public Economics, 122: 80-93.
- Greenstone, M. and B.K. Jack (2015) “Envirodevonomics: A research agenda for an emerging field” Journal of Economic Literature, 53(1): 5-42.
- Ashraf, N., O. Bandiera and B.K. Jack (2014) “No margin, no mission? A field experiment on incentives for public service delivery“ Journal of Public Economics, 120: 1-17.
- Jack, B.K. (2013) “Private information and the allocation of land use subsidies in Malawi” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 5(3): 113-135.
- Ashraf, N., B.K. Jack and E. Kamenica (2013) “Information and subsidies: Complements or substitutes?” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 88: 133-139.
- Ajayi, O.C., B.K. Jack and B. Leimona (2012) “Auction Design for the Private Provision of Public Goods in Developing Countries: Lessons from Payments for Environmental Services in Malawi and Indonesia” World Development 40(6): 1213-1223.
- Jack, B.K., B. Leimona and P.J. Ferraro (2009) “A Revealed Preference Approach to Estimating Supply Curves for Ecosystem Services: Experimental field auctions and soil erosion control in Indonesia” Conservation Biology 23(2): 359-367.
- Jack, B.K., C. Kousky and K.R.E. Sims (2008). “Designing payments for ecosystem services: Lessons from previous experience with incentive-based mechanisms” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105: 9465-9470.
- Fink, G., B.K. Jack and F. Masiye (2018) “Seasonal liquidity, rural labor markets and agricultural production” NBER Working Paper 24564. Appendix. Pilot study: 2014 NBER Working Paper 20218.
- Jack, B.K., S. Jayachandran and S. Rao (2017) “Environmental externalities and intrahousehold inefficiency” NBER Working Paper 24192.
- Jack, B.K. (2011) “Market inefficiencies and the adoption of agricultural technologies in developing countries” White paper prepared for the Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative, JPAL (MIT) / CEGA (Berkeley).
Work in progress (selected)
- “Paying for power: Prepaid electricity and the spending patterns of the poor” (with Anja Sautmann and Kathryn McDermott).