- Aker, J. and B.K. Jack (2023) “Harvesting the rain: The adoption of environmental technologies in the Sahel” Review of Economics and Statistics, Accepted. Appendix.
- Fehr, D., G. Fink and B.K. Jack (2022) “Poor and rational: Decision-making under scarcity” Journal of Political Economy, 130(11): 2862-2897.
- Jack, B.K., K. McDermott and A. Sautmann (2022) "Multiple price lists for willingness to pay elicitation." Journal of Development Economics, 159: . Technical appendix. Implementation package.
- Fink, G., B.K. Jack and F. Masiye (2020) “Seasonal liquidity, rural labor markets and agricultural production” American Economic Review, 110(11): 3351–3392. Appendix.
- Pilot study: 2014 NBER Working Paper 20218.
- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith (2020) “Charging ahead: Prepaid electricity metering in South Africa” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 12(2): 134-168.
- Oliva, P., B.K. Jack, S. Bell, C. Severen and E. Walker (2020) “Technology adoption under uncertainty: Take-up and subsequent investment in Zambia” Appendix Review of Economics and Statistics, 102(3): 617-632.
- Jack, B.K. and S. Jayachandran (2019) "Self-selection into payments for ecosystem services programs" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116(12): 5326-5333.
- Guiteras, R. and B.K. Jack (2018) “Productivity in piece rate labor markets” Journal of Development Economics, 131: 42-61.
- Jack, B.K. (2017) “Environmental economics in developing countries: Introduction to the Special Issue” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 86: 1-7.
- Jack, B.K. and G. Smith. (2015) “Pay as you go: Pre-paid metering and electricity expenditures in South Africa” American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 105(5): 237-41.
- Jack, B.K. and M. Recalde (2015) “Local leadership and the voluntary provision of public goods: Field evidence from Bolivia” Journal of Public Economics, 122: 80-93.
- Greenstone, M. and B.K. Jack (2015) “Envirodevonomics: A research agenda for an emerging field” Journal of Economic Literature, 53(1): 5-42.
- Ashraf, N., O. Bandiera and B.K. Jack (2014) “No margin, no mission? A field experiment on incentives for public service delivery“ Journal of Public Economics, 120: 1-17.
- Jack, B.K. (2013) “Private information and the allocation of land use subsidies in Malawi” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 5(3): 113-135.
- Ashraf, N., B.K. Jack and E. Kamenica (2013) “Information and subsidies: Complements or substitutes?” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 88: 133-139.
- Ajayi, O.C., B.K. Jack and B. Leimona (2012) “Auction design for the private provision of public goods in developing countries: Lessons from payments for environmental services in Malawi and Indonesia” World Development 40(6): 1213-1223.
- Jack, B.K., B. Leimona and P.J. Ferraro (2009) “A revealed preference approach to estimating supply curves for ecosystem services: Experimental field auctions and soil erosion control in Indonesia” Conservation Biology 23(2): 359-367.
- Jack, B.K., C. Kousky and K.R.E. Sims (2008). “Designing payments for ecosystem services: Lessons from previous experience with incentive-based mechanisms” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105: 9465-9470.
- Cole, H., B.K. Jack, D. Strong and B. Maughan-Brown (2020). “City of Cape Town, South Africa: Aligning Internal Data Capabilities with External Research Partnerships” in Handbook on Using Administrative Data for Research and Evidence-based Policy, S. Cole, I. Dhaliwal, A. Sautmann and L. Vilhuber, Eds.
- Greenstone, M. and B.K. Jack (2019). "Environmental Economics in Developing Countries" in Economics of the Environment: Selected Readings (Seventh Edition), Robert Stavins, Ed., Edward Elgar.
- Augenblick, N., B.K. Jack, S. Kaur, F. Masiye and N. Swanson (2023) "Retrieval Failures and Consumption Smoothing: A Field Experiment on Seasonal Hunger" Working Paper.
- Jack, B.K., S. Jayachandran, F. Malagutti and S. Rao (2023) “Environmental externalities and intrahousehold inefficiency” Working Paper 24192.
- Kar, A., T. Tawiah, L. Graham, G. Owusu-Amankwah, M. Daouda, F. Malagutti, S. Chillrud, S. Iddrisu, E. Apraku, R. Tetteh, B.K. Jack, S. Abubakari, D. Jack, K.P. Asante (2023) “Determinants of non-primary, primary, and exclusive use of liquefied petroleum gas vary significantly in a nationally representative survey in Ghana” Nature Energy, Revise and resubmit.
- Jack, B.K., S. Jayachandran, N. Kala and R. Pande (2022) "Money (Not) to Burn: Payments for Ecosystem Services to Reduce Crop Residue Burning" NBER Working Paper.
- Walker, K., B. Moscona, B.K. Jack, S. Jayachandran, N. Kala, R. Pande, J. Xue, M. Burke (2022) “Detecting Crop Burning in India using Satellite Data” Working Paper.
- Jack, B.K. (2013) “Market inefficiencies and the adoption of agricultural technologies in developing countries” White paper prepared for the Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative, JPAL (MIT) / CEGA (Berkeley).
Work in progress
- "Collateral accounts: Debt recovery through prepaid electricity metering" (with J. Cross and A. Jensen)
- "Targeting subsidies through price menus: Contract design and evidence from clean fuels" (with KP Asante, M. Daouda, D. Jack, F. Malagutti, P. Oliva, I. Seidu and A. Sulemana)
- “Paying for power: Prepaid electricity and the spending patterns of the poor” (with K. McDermott, J. Romine and A. Sautmann)
- "Health insurance as tool to smooth seasonal incomes: A randomized controlled trial" (with D. Daouda, G. Fink, D. Schwarzkopf and R. Strobl)
- “Addressing seasonal poverty: Scaling up with the private sector partner” (with G. Fink and F. Masiye)